CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sushi Night and Purple Day!!!!

This past weekend Radik and I had planned to have dinner with the Missionaries and some sweet friends joined us too. Radik and I are trying to better understand each others faiths. The missionaries have such a sweet spirit about them. I hope they will be able to join us more often. We sort of had appetizers Japanese style in the living room area and then made homemade sushi! I loved having everyone over and it was so wonderful to have the sweet missionaries over too. Radik kept saying "I didn't know we were having a party?!" I didn't know either but it was nice that it ended up turning into one. ;-) I didn't even have to lift a finger afterwards to clean up. Not having a dishwasher always makes cleaning up extra long but not this night. One of my cute coworkers who knows I'm crazy about purple and that I have a special place in my heart for epilepsy awareness, informed me the other day of Purple Day! **********Everyone wear PURPLE tomorrow, March 26!!!! Because it's PURPLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!***************** Purple Day was founded by Cassidy Megan. Cassidy is nine-years-old and is from Canada. Purple Day is dedicated to increasing awareness about epilepsy worldwide. People from all over the world are being asked to wear purple and spread the word about epilepsy on this day. SO hope you'll join me in wearing purple tomorrow! Here's a link where you can read a little bit more about Purple Day: http://www.purpleday.org/

4 comments:

SAYDA said...

I don't know if I've shared this with you, but did you know that dad has not had any episodes since he got diagnosed with cancer. Interesting... huh? Purple! Are you sure you didn't make this up just to have an excuse to wear all purple since it's your favorite color? I'm glad you had the missionaries over and I hope that one day Radik can see that the gospel is so important to you.
Mom

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the heads up on Purple Day! Purple just makes me feel young at heart, so I definately have to do something 80's!

Nicole said...

What a fun party. I'm sure the missionaries enjoyed that. I'm also glad you had help cleaning up. That is always the worst part. Happy Purple Day! I also read that you are headed home for your dad's surgery. Best wishes with all of that.

Anson said...

Hey Sissy we won! Hockey rocks!