Goodness, it's been awhile! I don't even know where to begin... So, I decided to just post on the last group of pics stored in my camera. I went to NYC for Radik's birthday. We spent the day relaxing and then went to dinner. We were running late and it was raining outside so we picked a quick place to eat at.
While we were at dinner I kept having this feeling that I had been there before and then I remembered (when they brought out pickles and coleslaw) when Dad and I visited NYC together we had found this place "The Stage Door Delicatessens" thinking it was a place Grandpa would eat at after his shows when they lived in NYC.
We were SO excited and called Grandpa up to let him know we were eating there. He asked us what the cross streets were that it was on. It ended up not even being remotely close to where his "Stage Door" place was. ;-) That trip was so much fun with Dad. Dad is the greatest travel companion. After dinner we went to the NY Rangers vs. NY Islanders game. There were SO many great fights.
The only other hockey games I had been too were for the Caps here in D.C. (and Anson's games!) but I've come to the conclusion those New Yorkers are a little bit more intense. Plus, the fights in the crowd were pretty bad too. It was a fun game and I've always wanted to see Madison Square Garden, which ended up reminding me a lot of the NYC subway. :( Since we had relaxed all day we still had a lot of energy and ended up finding a bowling place at Port Authority. We went crazy taking "action" pictures. I've posted a few below. They are pretty nerdy but I LOVE the 7th one down. Radik of course wanted it deleted but I seriously doubt he would delete a picture of me that was this great. ;-) The next day on my way home, I was able to see Richie, Chrislynn and the little munchkins. I wish I would have taken pictures. :( It was so nice to spend time talking with Chrislynn even if it was for a hot little second and those kids are really the cutest! Richie was amazing in his show and sent me on with a great CD mix that made the drive home possible along with a book on tape of "Eat, Pray, Love" that I MUST return to my cute friend Leslie!!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
A bit of a blogging hiatus but we shall now Jai Ho! ;-)
Posted by gizcallyomom at 3/12/2009 04:27:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love the actions shots! And love to see that you can do something "normal" in NYC! I've only been there once but it was run from one crazy thing to the next. Hope your life is great!
You're back! I feel so connected to you when you blog. It's like I get to peak in your journal or something. I know you tell me everything, but I get to see pics. Looks like you had fun bowling. That seventh pic down is a good one. Where are the pictures of my grand babies? I love you tons! Looking forward to seeing many more posts of your exciting life.
Mom
It looked fun. I wish I was there with you guys. I didn't have any school today. Next week is our spring break. See you soon.
Ha Ha... those pictures are great! Miss you and love you lots!
Love Love Love,
Bree
Wish I could have gone with you to that hockey game. Hockey starts soon for me.
Smile to go with the dial.
Anson
Loved hearing about your day.
I still remember our pickle and the little short toilets.
Rainy days and NY wish I had been there.
Love
Dad.
Your cute blog is coming back to life. It's becoming you again. I like it!
Love you, Mom
Glad you are back! :)
I missed {and miss YOU!} the blogging!
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment