CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Dreams & Hopes

I took a geography class a few years ago and was amazed at how little I knew about the present world around me. I was in awe at how much my heart swelled for these people and places I new so little about. As I've continued to study our global affairs, I struggle to pick a location concentration. How much I LOVE the people of South America and I am constantly AMAZED with the Asian culture. But, my heart feels like it's going to BURST when I think of my sub-Saharan Africa. There is so much more to learn and understand but as my eyes and heart continue to open, I know my deepest dreams and hopes of significantly being able to contribute to our global community, will come true one day at a time. I just need to be patient.
Madonna recently produced and wrote the documentary of the orphaned by Aids children of Malawi: I AM BECAUSE WE ARE. (Make sure to pause the music to the right but go out and watch the complete film as soon as you get a chance.)

I love how this film expresses the idea of "What hurts the one, effects the others as well." and how the most important thing is WHAT WE HAVE IN COMMON. Here's a link to the films website: http://www.iambecauseweare.com/ on the top there is an icon of ways we can help the children of Malawi.

3 comments:

SAYDA said...

You majoring in global affairs is just so perfect for you. I've never met anyone that has the love and desire that you have in bringing us global awareness. I want you to know that as much as dad and I want you to come home and live close to us, we understand that you have to be away to make your dreams come true.We support you 100% in all that you do. As always, we believe in you. When you go to Africa to do your internship, if you need a nurse to go with you...I'll donate my skills. I don't think I could be there more than 2 weeks though. You should convince your dad to teach there for a year or so. Then, I could stay longer. I love you so much and appreciate everything that you do and everything that you will be doing in the near future.
Love, Mom

SAYDA said...

Just got back from hockey. Anson team is out (Midgets). Tomorrow he plays fro championship with the Bantams. He played so well today. Love you!

Robnz Fam said...

Giselle, I love your mom's comments to you. What a sweet, sweet lady. I love how your family is so close knit and always so supportive of each other. I love that.

So I was going to say something about your post, and now I forgot because I got carried away reading your mom's comments :0). I do love reading your thoughts and insights. You are SO good at what you do!