Today was our last day of Books and Basketball. I'm going to miss those kids. :( Every time I drive my group home they raid the car stereo and tonight the "shot gun" winner played 2Face's song African Queen from her MP3 player. I thought it would be perfect for this post. Here are some pics from this past weekend. My dear Ghanaian Princess, Freda had the sw
eetest baby girl this fall. I call her Grandma V (she was born with beautiful black hair and three grey hairs right in the middle of her hair line). She was also named after her grandmother and we are convinced she has such an old soul (I'm thinking in heaven, her Grandma kissed her on the forehead and then sent her to Freda). She is such a quiet, calm baby it's amazing! This weekend was the African celebration of Grandma V receiving her name.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
My African Princess
Posted by gizcallyomom at 5/29/2008 11:22:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Sis, Grandma V is so precious. I love your friends! I remember last time I saw Freda, she was pregnant with Grandma V. Now.... is Freda really a princess in Africa? Or did I dream that you told me that? I love how you always pick a song that goes with your post. I especially like the one that went with the post about me. "Isn't she lovely" hahahahehehe!!!!!!! I love you so much and can't wait to see you. June 13th...Yeah!!!! We want to have a shower for Brianna on June
14th. Are you coming straight home or are you staying in Logan to see one of Richie's plays? Let me know soon. Cute pictures! Cute Russian! Love, Mom
Ah, I love you SO much! I know remember at our party Freda said she was going to name the baby Puerto Rico?!! She cracks me up. Yes she really is, Freda's dad is a king. Her maiden name is Asante. The Asante's are royalty in Ghana. She is very humble about it and will never talk about it unless you bring it up. The roles of the royality have changed quite a bit though and he acts more of a government official. Oh, mom you are so very lovely. But, there are oh so many songs that make me think of you! Eeee! Can't wait to get home! I'll give you a call and we'll discuss! Mwah!
What a beautiful baby girl! Grandma 'V'...hehe, that's cute! You look so beautiful too. I love those pics of you holding her! That's really cool that she is a real princess! What a great experince to meet such amazing people!
You have to call me! Carol Robins sent me an invite to her blog and I can't figure it out. I need help. Love you.....Mom
Post a Comment