Before I begin, I'm feeling there needs to be a preface that is coming to my mind:
The "Cover Girl" episode from Sex and the City when Charlotte secretly turns to self-help books for advice. (She's in the Barnes and Noble looking for the book "Starting Over, Yet again." as she enters the "Self Help" section along with dramatic, terrifying music, there are some pitiful looking characters sitting on the ground, reading and crying. As she reaches for her book, one of the sad looking characters tells her through tears, "Oh, that one really helped me". Charlotte immediately puts the book down and starts looking lost as she asks "Travel? Travel?" as to be looking for the "Travel" section.)
Hee, Hee, Too funny!!!!
Anyways!!! ;-) One of my co-workers/new fun friend, who is chuckfull of prettiness, L has opened
my eyes to a new outlook on health. L is super cute and sassy and reminds me so much of my Mandy May. Such cheerleaders for healthy living and not for the reason to be hard on ourselves so we look good but for the reason to be good to ourselves so our inside feels good too. "Eat, Drink and be Gorgeous." is a book that L is reading and suggested to me. I borrowed it for a hot little sec and fell in love with it! (I'm thinking I may need to get to the Barnes and purchase it for myself. Or maybe, I'll pull a Charlotte and end up purchasing it on-line.) ;-)
my eyes to a new outlook on health. L is super cute and sassy and reminds me so much of my Mandy May. Such cheerleaders for healthy living and not for the reason to be hard on ourselves so we look good but for the reason to be good to ourselves so our inside feels good too. "Eat, Drink and be Gorgeous." is a book that L is reading and suggested to me. I borrowed it for a hot little sec and fell in love with it! (I'm thinking I may need to get to the Barnes and purchase it for myself. Or maybe, I'll pull a Charlotte and end up purchasing it on-line.) ;-)Esther Blum the author/nutritionist of the book really has such a fun perspective. The idea that "you can eat and drink what you love and still look and feel gorgeous." I also love her upbeat attitude and perspective of loving who you are and treating yourself like a princess.
Okay, I had to do a little promo! ;-) On that note, I also added a tune from my girl MJ, "So, I like what I see when I'm looking at me when I'm walkin' pass the mirror!" Just love me some Mary J. Blige!
I was able to take a break from workin' & livin' it up in the Library until closing time (urg, only two more weeks left!) and drove up to NY and Jersey last weekend. I spent a hot little second in NY (thank you Tim for being such a great host to us & next time, we will be staying longer for sure!) and the rest of the time with my Calls in Jersey! Richie's show opened last weekend. He really is SO amazing and SO honest as he performs. I love it! His wife (and my sis) Chrislynn is also SO amazing, I don't know how either of them do it. I've been thinking a lot of my incredible parents too and what they were able to do and are still doing. Oh, and my amazing ancestors. Goodness, I really don't think I have any room to complain about being tired or stressed. Good to know I come from such a good breed though. ;-) I wish I would have taken some cuter pics to share... Next time I'll do better! But here are a few randoms from the trip:
-Katie and I cracking each other up in Tim's super cute loft/guest room! We had quite the funny experience urgently looking for gas in a sketchy, sketchy neighborhood and when all was said and done, we had a better appreciation for our precious lives!! ;-)
-My cute, cute, nephew lil' Richie, taking a break from moving to hang out on his deck.
-We took one of the crazy "jug handles" in Jersey and ran into this little family. If you look hard you'll see the 4 babies!! You would think we were visiting a pond and not making a turn on a busy road.

6 comments:
I love you! It was great to have you here, and you and Katie both helped so much! If you make it up here in the next week let me know. I have a busy finals schedule, but I'm sure we could meet up somewhere.
Your phone pics come out really clear! But...next time use that cute little digital cam you own to take lots of pics of our babies. I'm glad this sememster is coming to an end. You need to slow down girly. Be careful when you travel to all those busy cities. I don't know how you do it. Vacationing overwhelmed me! I'm talking about the traffic, you know. Rush hour in Burley is bad enough for me. I think I constantly worry about you, Rich and Chrislynn driving in the big cities. I'm glad Katie was able to travel with you to New York and Jersey. I bet she made the drive so much fun. Give her a big hug for me when you see her again. Wish they could come for the wedding. Love you tons, Mom
Hey girl!! I just ran into your new blog tonight! I had to say hi! I will be checking in on your blog so know that you can do the same!! http://happylifefunnymoments.blogspot.com/
I love this posting... I wish more girls would understand how important it is to love yourself!!! Love the pics as well keep up the hard work it shows!
Hey Giselle!!! Cute blog! I love it! I'm so glad you joined the world of blogging, I'm trying to keep up with it!
'Beautiful Face'
So as soon as you started describing the Sex in the City scene I knew it right off. Andy makes fun of me cause I love watching that show-I try and skip the dirty parts, but love the drama and the humor in it all! But I will definitley have to check into that book! Thanks for your always uplifting wonderful thoughts!
Post a Comment