I was going to make this short and sweet but was feeling a little long winded...
I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by. I took the Bolt Bus to NYC last Friday (www.boltbus.com). I've been driving up to NYC these past couple of trips because I had such an awful experience July 4th weekend with the cheap, cheap DC Chinatown to NYC Chinatown buses. But with the cost of gas prices and me getting so so sleepy at the wheel I thought I'd try the Bolt Bus this time, I heard such great things about it. I LOVE this bus. It was so organized, clean and friendly. The driver even lines everyone up South West Airlines style with A, B and C boarding lines. The driver was this super buff guy that was so friendly and started out saying hello on the intercom and asking the men to please keep his bathroom clean because there were ladies on board. So cute! Every time we stopped the driver would make an announcement. I know it's ridiculous the details I'm including but I had such a rotten experience last time and it was nice not to fight for a spot that I had already paid for and to be informed as to what exactly was going on. On the way back, we ended up taking the MVP bus which was also GREAT (www.mvpbus.com)! So, good good karma with the transportation. ;-) I didn't take any pictures on this trip. :-(
When I got off the bus Radik pulled up on a bike taxi and loaded my luggage. It was really romantic and some of the girls getting off the bus even walked by and let out sighs. At first I was so embarrassed and told him to PLEASE not make me get on the bike taxi (I had sworn I would never ride one of these thinking that whoever was pedaling wouldn't be able to pull me and pass out or something!) but he of course was persistent and while he drove me through the city around 2:00AM I was looking around feeling like I was a princess in a movie or having a dream. ;-)
Radik had to work on Saturday so I was able to spend some over due, quality time with my friend Tim. We had a Vietnamese lunch, shopped, walked around the city and he took me to my first visit to a Pinkberry, where I tried the fruit leeche for the first time. Not a fan of the leeche but a big fan of Pinkberry (www.pinkberry.com)! ;-) It was so nice to catch up with him and he gave me some great insight on things I had been stressing about. I told him I was very impressed and a little shocked with his wise advice, I'm so used to his cynical, sarcastic self which of course is very endearing. ;-) He then sarcastically tells me its because he had been reading the Book of Mormon. He's such a smart A. Tim is Jewish and can hardly ever talk to me without teasing me about being Mormon. ;-) He then ended up admitting it was probably from all the HG TV he had been watching. ;-) Sunday Radik and I went to an L.D.S. church that is fairly close to where he lives. It was such a special meeting and I felt so blessed to be there. It really was a great group of people. I hope to be able to go back soon! We also went for a long walk on Sunday, found a little vendor that was selling tamales YUM and ran into the filming of Law and Order's SUV. There really is SO much going on in NYC but I am always SO happy to be back in the gentleman of big cities: DC/Northern VA. On Monday I attempted to make a Russian meal that Radik likes. It didn't really turn out but I really had no idea what the heck I was making until I was done. I thought I was making a hot pocket type of beef meal and then I thought it was going to be a type of Ravioli. We finally came to the conclusion it was a kind of Russian tortellini. You can see in the picture the so wrong HUGE one I made first that Radik couldn't stop laughing at! I'm looking a little ragged in this pic from all the cooking from scratch. I don't know how my mom does it. I'm still trying to figure out how she has everything ready at one time too. I did make some homemade whole wheat rolls (Mom's recipe) that came out wonderful though!!! I'll post
her recipe tomorrow they are delicious! We also took a quick trip to Ocean City! Since it w
as a spur of the moment trip Radik didn't have his trunks and I remembered I had some boy shorts I wear every now and then. They were big on him and he almost lost them a few times. Very sad that my shorts are big on my boyfriend. What can I say, these hips just don't lie. ;-) OC was SO much fun we took a ride on the board walk roller coaster and Radik screamed so much!!! I could barely breath I was laughing so hard. I'm hoping to go to Six Flags with him soon just so I can hear him scream on all the scary rides! ;-) We also spent some time at my favorite OC venue Secrets! School starts on the 25th :(
I don't want the Summer to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Tart and Sweet, Fresh and Airy
Posted by gizcallyomom at 8/08/2008 11:19:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You two are so cute! I'm glad you have had the chance to play a little. I love Radik, he is such a nice gentleman.
Love, Mom
Emily told me that she talked to you about the Bolt Bus! I took it in July and was IMMEDIATLY hooked! They really know what they are doing. It sounds like you had an awesome time up there and I loved all the photos. So glad to hear all is well with you and let's do brunch sometime soon. :)
Post a Comment