CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Creepy Beauty

I've been meaning to post pictures (cell phone pics) from this past weekend. Radik came into town and we went to an organ recital at the National Cathedral (my idea). He is so good about willing to do just about anything. I have to admit the National Cathedral is beautiful but I also find it's a little spooky in it's beauty and as much as I want to like organ music I've decided it's really creepy. I use to go to the Cathedral a lot and also went to the crypt to make clay gargoyles once with some friends but it's been a while since I had been back. I went to an organ recital a few years ago with Dad at the Cathedral, we arrived late and I remember thinking, "yikes! will this be over soon"! There ended up being a cool bag pipe parade that followed and it over shadowed the organ recital experience. But, this weekend I was reminded, I was TERRIFIED! Every time the music would get louder I would squeeze Radik's arm (he kept silently laughing and saying, "this was SO your idea".). I begged him if we could leave after the first song, he said he was enjoying it and wanted to stay. I still don't think he was serious and was just getting a kick out of how scared I was. I don't know why it really spooked me. It was a rainy & over cast day (I'm thinking that may had been a factor) and I kept feeling like the music was the sound track to a very scary movie and I needed to run for my life. The guy playing was amazing and that organ is so amazing but the tunes are just not for me. Since Radik did agree to leave early we walked around the back outside of the Cathedral which I had never done. It was again creepy/beautiful and I did enjoy it, but I don't think I would ever want to be there at night with the Organ playing.
























10 comments:

Richie said...

Ha Ha! I could not stop laughing during the post! You're lucky it was Radik and not me! I would have kept you there for the whole concert and tries to creep you out all day.

gizcallyomom said...

Very funny Richie.

SAYDA said...

First of all... I love the pictures. I kept thinking of those pics you guys took when you went fishing with Dad... I pictured Radik saying, "Here. take my picture." and then posing really thoughtful as if it wasn't planned at all... He's so funny! I can't wait till you guys get here!!!

And seriously... did you really not know that I designed our wedding annoucements? Or were you just being silly? And yes... I will totally design something for your Christmas cards! Ooooooo... I'm so excited!

Love Love Love you,
Bree

p.s. I'm not sure if this has me signed in as Mom or me...

Aubrey said...

Sis, you're too funny. I remember that habit you have of squeezing the heck out of someone next to you when you're uncomfortable. You keep doing it over and over again as if we don't feel it the first time. And your eyes, they get huge. Poor Radik! I can just see your big eyes scared to death.
Mom

SAYDA said...

That was me, not Aubrey. Sorry

SAYDA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robnz Fam said...

Ah!!! Shut that music off! I was so glad to come to your comment page so I could no longer hear that creepy music. Scared me. I love how well your family knows you! It's fun to read there comments!

Nicole said...

I am such a nerd! So I'm reading your post with the tv on behind me and all of the sudden organ music starts playing and I think to myself, "How coincidental" and then I realized it was from your blog. And just for the record it made my hair stand up on the back of my neck.

I, too, feel that the National Cathedral is a bit creepy. Esp. the basement. Although I have the most hilarious picture from when we took my family there. A chick decided she was just going to lay out on the cathedral lawn, on a Sunday, in her bikini. Weird! I should try to find that picture and post it. It would crack you up!

Emilyjo said...

Those are neat pictures, but looking at them with the music playing sure does add to the creepiness! That's fun you guys got to spend the day together even if it was a bit scary. :)

Yvonne said...

You've been Tagged

Go to my blog for instructions