
Saturday I was in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, National Race. It was SO great and there was SO much support! So far, our race has raised $3,020,434.00. I should have posted this link sooner but if you want to contribute here is the link with all the deets: http://www.nationalraceforthecure.org/ I hope some day the National Walk for Epilepsy will have this much support. The Susan G. Komen race really was such a wonderful experience. Our firm organized a team and it was great to see so many people from work get involved. I decided to ride my bike into D.C. that morning (I was walking not running the race w/Feli).
It was SO foggy and muggy that morning. I couldn't see very well and ended up biking all the way to Arlington Cemetery, which isn't that much farther but we had one of the hottest weekends (102 degrees). The detour caused me to just make it in time to lock up my bike and join the pre-walk stretches, with Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice and her personal trainer (Cool huh?!). So please excuse the scary pics of me. ;-) After I crossed the finished line
I ran over to the National Building Museum to join my friend Jack (Jack and Holls are my only two friends that are Hillary supporters.) in line for Hillary's Concession Speech. I had thought I wouldn't be able to go but Jacks offered me a ticket at the last minute (while I was walking in the race)!!! I was SO excited to go. To make a long story short: with Jacks' smoothness we ended up switching lines and found ourselves in the VIP section, front row to the podium ;-). Besides the fact that I was drenched with sweat, it was an amazing experience. I didn't even mind standing th
e 4 hours to ensure our front row spot (there was a moment I felt a little light headed and took a quick bathroom break, to eat the orange I had in my back pack). But it was worth it and my back held up like a rock star! I was inches away from Ted Danson, John King (blew kisses to Mom behind his interview with T. McAuliffe) shook hands with Terry McAuliffe (and managed to get a very fuzzy pic with him), Chelsea Clinton (who I thought looked fabulous and had on the cutest pair of purple shoes!). I also got a hug from Bill Clinton (while he chatted with the person behind me, he kept his hand on mine) ;-). Next was of course Hillary! Below is a slide show of my pics and a video of her speech (Once in a while you see my pink bandanna on the left corner of the screen). Her speech was so hopeful. The
re were times my heart wanted to burst. I loved when she spoke of our mothers (Oh, how I LOVE my mother) and ancestors. I also loved her analogy of the "highest, hardest glass ceiling that now has about 18 million cracks in it, and the light shining through like never before, filling us with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time". Most of all, I loved her encouragement for us to pursue our goals "always aim high, work hard and care deeply about what you believe in and when you stumble, keep faith and when you are knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone that says you can't or shouldn't go on". SO empowering! I know all my dreams really are going to come true! I'm so thankful for those who have made this possible for me.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
PINKalicious & Hillary's historic speech
Posted by gizcallyomom at 6/08/2008 10:10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Well I don't have to go to "youtube"....I recorded it. I loved her speech! We'll have to see it together and see you when you come home. You were in it alot on CNN. Your dad saw you on another channel in Logan and your aunt Nellie saw you on Fox in Texas. At the end you were right by Hilary getting her autograph. I did see you wave hello during the interview. Aubrey kept saying, "Mom, look that's Sissy!" You are too funny. That's my girl! Love, Mom
Gee Wiz!!! That is so awesome!! I just have to tell you how much I love your enthusiasm about your beliefs and dreams and goals and I could go on! :0)
I love what you added in there about Chelsea's cute purple shoes...that's probably one of the first things I would have noticed too!!!
Good job at the race by the way, natural born runner :0).
You are so cool! I feel honored just to know you! I'm happy to hear about all your VIP adventures.
Sounds like a busy, eventful, and fun day!! What a fun life.
OMG I dont know how I missed this posting but all your pics are awesome! That is so cool that you got to meet the Clinton family and see her speech in person!
Post a Comment