I picked "Young Folks" for the soundtrack of this post for a couple of reasons: A)I love the whistle in the song and if I knew how to whistle, I would have whistled a lot while I was home. B)My parents/folks and my Aunt Lee and Uncle James are SO young, literally and in heart I LOVE THEM! C)As good as the trip was, there were ups and downs and I felt "the breeze" and I were able to understand each other better and the song fits us. On a side note, during this trip I noticed what a peacemaker Richie is in our family & Bree too. Which surprised me because I always thought I was the peacemaker. I was SO wrong. Maybe it's because I would always hear the middle child is the peacemaker and assumed that was me. I don't know what I was thinking but I was SO far off and sometimes wonder why my family is so patient with me. Maybe it was different when I was younger?
After we saw Grandad, Richie and Dad's show in Logan (It was SO great to see & hear Dad's voice on stage, I LOVE his voice! and Richie and Grandad were absolutely AMAZING! I was in awe with Richie though) and met up with my Aunt Lee and her family (which felt like a dream!) we drove to Burley. It was so nice to be in my parents home! Dad was able to get some help in his garden. But, Mom had taken such good care of the garden it looked SO beautiful!
We went up to Pomerelle to play in the snow patches with my cute Texas Fam!
We also played in the FREEZING Snake River! (because of the cold, you'll notice the hesitation the guys have before they jump.)
"Cannon Ball Jump" (I think the Texan should get extra points for jumping in the melted snow water!)
8 comments:
Hey Sissy. Finally have some time to get on and actually read your blog. You always have such interesting posts. I love the one about your father. It seems like you had a great time, but of course it is always great being with parents and family. Love you and I hope to see you some time soon.
Love,
Nyla
I'm so glad you kept the kids entertained while we did the crazy wedding last minute things. Oh but wait.... you still had time to do the crazy wedding last minute things. You always make a special effort to keep the kidos entertained. You are the older sister that the younger siblings can't wait to see because you take them to new restaurants and new places. I love you! Those were the cutest videos. I especially liked the one with Uncle James hesitating to jump. I have to show it to Aunt Sandra or as you call her...your Aunt Lee. I don't know what I'm going to do without my sis here. I love having her here. I almost don't even miss Bree.
Mom
It looks like you had a wonderful, eventful time home! I'm glad you got to spend some good time with your family. I'll have to catch you next time.
Those videos were funny with sound. You can totally tell by their faces how cold the water is. I hope you dont regret coming back to DC from the trip to much :)
Ahh Gis! It was so much fun to see you again and meet Radik. It sounds and looks like your time in Idaho/Utah was well spent. I have to say I love the cow pictures...it's epic. Love ya!
I love you & I love your family!
Radik
Well.........Your mom and Bree got me started too. Hope I can keep it going. It's not done yet. sandra-james.blogspot.com I love this last post of yours, especially the videos.
Aunt Lee
Mom seriously should have excentuated the word "almost" in her comment... ha ha. I love you so much Sissy. I miss you everyday! It was such a treat having you home. And we all have "not so wonderful" moments... You are always a peace maker. I love you sister! Mwah!
Post a Comment