CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beauty & Symmetry

I successfully completed the BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program this past Saturday! It was such a great class! After the class I drove up to Catoctin Mountain Park with some close friends to stay at Camp Greentop (which is right next to Camp David). My churches "Singles Ward"(members of the L.D.S. Church are organized into congregations that meet together frequently for spiritual and social enrichment. Large congregations are called wards. Each ward is presided over by a bishop, assisted by two counselors.) has an annual Singles Retreat at Camp Greentop. This was my 3rd time at the Retreat. I wasn't going to go but friends talked me into going. I'm SO glad I went. It was just want I needed: fresh air, time with some amazing girlfriends and a much needed spiritual refill!
We also had church on Sunday up at camp. It was so great to be sitting with everyone in the middle of nature!

Our Ward's Stake President (most geographic areas where the Church is organized are divided into stakes. The term stake comes from the prophet Isaiah, who prophesied that the latter-day Church would be like a tent, held secure by stakes (Isaiah 33:20; 54:2). There are usually 5 to 12 wards and branches in a stake. Each stake is presided over by a stake president, assisted by two counselors. Stake presidents report to and receive direction from the Presidency of the Seventy or the Area Presidency.) came up on Sunday and gave an amazing talk. He spoke of how we can cultivate the sacred in our lives, having beauty and symmetry and the power of sacrifice. How losing ourselves in the service of others has a power we don't understand. I very much appreciated his talk and wish I could put into words the overwhelming feeling of the spirit that I felt as he spoke. I'm SO glad that I went to the Retreat!

So Saturday night was the annual "Skit Night" at the Retreat. It's usually pretty cheesy and sometimes a little long to sit through but it is also surprisingly entertaining. My good friend Jackie made sure it was "entertaining". She's so... BAD! ;-) I love these girls SO much!!!

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh man! Crazy Jackie! I wish I could have been there to see her.
Mom

Walker Family said...

I use photo shop elements when I get a chance I will try a PFD format and you guys can let me know if it works for you! Thanks so much.

Yvonne said...

Congratulations! You look so pretty with your glasses.

Love Bonnie

Ryan, Erica & Sam said...

I'm so glad you went. There is nothing better than a spiritual uplifting night out with the girls! I can't wait to see you Saturday! I'll call you tomorrow.

Love you,
Erica

Cederberg Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! I always loved girls camp for all of those same reasons! Fresh air, friends, a little spiritual pick me up. Sounds wonderful!!

Robnz Fam said...

That does sound like a lot of fun! My FAVORITE thing about camping is the shower I get to take when I come home ;0)!

Robnz Fam said...

Ya know what would be so dang fun?! Is when all the girl's get together again...we should all go on a camping trip of our own...oh man, think of all the fun we'd have!

Emilyjo said...

I'm glad you got to have that spiritual break! It looks like a ton of fun!!!

gizcallyomom said...

Oh Carrol!!!! That would be a dream!! Yes Yes!!! We must!